Virgin Media Ireland terms & conditions of use
Effective date: 3 May 2017
This document sets out the terms under which Virgin Media Ireland Ltd ("Virgin Media") provides goods and services to you, the user. This includes allowing you to access the internet through Virgin Media's network (the "Virgin Media Ireland Service") as well as any other supply of goods or services.
- All users of the Virgin Media Ireland Service must comply with our Acceptable Usage Policy (AUP), available here. Please read these carefully as failure to comply with the AUP may result in suspension or cancellation of your account. Refunds will not generally be issued for suspensions or cancellations due to AUP violations, except at the discretion of Virgin Media.
- Although we aim to provide the highest quality of service to users, the Virgin Media Ireland Service is available on an "as is" and "as available" basis; Virgin Media shall not be liable for for any interruption in service.
- Virgin Media's total liability to you is limited to the actual amount paid by you to Virgin Media for access to the Virgin Media Ireland Service, or the lowest amount permitted by law, if higher.
- You are solely responsible for ensuring that your equipment (including hardware and software) is compatible with the Virgin Media Ireland Service. If you are in any doubt regarding the compatibility of the Virgin Media Ireland Service with your requirements, please contact us prior to purchasing Virgin Media vouchers.
- Any Virgin WiFi account created by you is for your own use only. You must keep confidential your password and any other information used to access your account.
- A Virgin WiFi account may not be used from multiple computers at the same time.
- Vouchers are not transferrable between Virgin WiFi accounts.
Credit card voucher purchases
- Our credit card topup facility allows you to purchase vouchers for use in Virgin WiFi wireless hotspots only
- Unused time purchased by credit card expires 30 days after purchase unless otherwise specified. Please read our explanation of how vouchers work, available here, for more details on voucher expiry.
- Virgin WiFi does not store your credit card details and is not responsible for approving or declining your credit card transaction.
- Subscriptions are payable monthly in advance, unless otherwise specified.
- Subscriptions will be billed to you automatically each month until you cancel your subscription.
- Your subscription can be cancelled online through your account status page up until midnight on the night prior to renewal.
- Alternatively you can cancel by emailing your request, including your Virgin WiFi username, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 5 working days prior to renewal for email cancellations.
- Virgin WiFi subscription plans have a minimum contract period, as indicated at time of signup. If you choose a subscription with a minimum contract period, you agree to pay the subscription fee each month until the end of the contract period. Early cancellation is not permitted.
Transfer fair use policy
- A "fair use" transfer allowance applies to certain of our vouchers and subscriptions. This limits the amount of data you may transfer using these products. The bandwidth allowance for these products is available here.
- Data transfer allowances apply to the sum of data downloaded and uploaded during a service period.
- A service period is calculated as follows:
- For monthly subscriptions, from the start of your billing day until the end of the day before your billing day the following month; for example, if your billing date is the 5th of the month your service period would be from 00:00:00 on 5th January until 23:59:59 on 4th Febuary.
- For fixed-period nonrenewing vouchers, from the first time the voucher is used until the voucher expires.
- You may view your data usage for the current service period on your account status page.
- We may attempt to notify you by email if you are likely to exceed your transfer allowance for the current period. However we cannot guarantee that we will do so, or that you will received any email we send. Therefore, we recommend that you regularly check your transfer allowance usage on your account status page.
- If you exceed your transfer allowance, we may at our discretion take any of the following actions:
- Prevent you from accessing our service for the remainder of the service period.
- Offer to provide you with additional transfer allowance for an additional fee.
- Allow you to use some of the following service period's transfer allowance in advance.
- Move you to a different service more appropriate to your usage, which may incur additional fees.
- Refunds will be made only as described in our Code for the Handling of Customer Complaints, available here.
- Virgin Media Ireland cannot refund a voucher unless it has been purchased directly from Virgin Media Ireland. If you purchase Virgin Media Ireland vouchers through a third party (for example, from your hotel) any requests for a refund should be addressed to the third party.
All transactions are subject to Irish law, and you agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts to resolve any dispute.
Any queries should be made by email to email@example.com or in writing to:
Virgin Media Ireland Limited
Eastpoint Business Park